The Tykma Electrox Laser Marking System employs a 20 watt Scorpion Rapid infrared laser to mark a variety of materials including aluminum, stainless steel, plastics, and chrome-plated glass mask plates, with a resolution of approximately 20 μm. The user desired patterns are generated by importing vector graphic software created designs into Electrox Scriba software. The desired result for specific material depends on five programable parameters; Laser power, pulse frequency, scanning speed, number of passes, and fill. Through the modification of these parameters, users can achieve general marking, annealing, ablation, or deep engraving of materials.
The system has various applications in the fields of material science, semiconductors, microfluidics, bioengineering, and chemical engineering.
Location: ERF 3024, packaging bay
Training: 3 sessions (2 trainings and a checkout session)
- 20 watt Yb:Fiber laser (1060-1080 nm, maximum marking speed 10,000 mm•s-1)
- Programable Z-axis for automatic laser focus height control (290 mm travel)
- Maximum 100 mm diameter writing area
- BOFA AD Oracle IQ Fume Extraction System
- Rotary axis for marking cylindrical substrate
One time Reservation Cost: $20
Per Hour Cost: Internal user and External (Academic) user: $6/hr ; External (Industrial or Foreign) : $10/hr
The user manual can be found here.