The PTL LPCVD system features 3 zone tubes that can be used for low and elevated temperature wafer processing. The system currently has 2 operations tubes. Tube 2 is used for undoped Polysilicon and low temperature oxides. Tube 3 is used for Silicon Nitride deposition only. After passing the NCF safety exam, users can request training on this machine by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those not trained can request an NCF work service order by contacting the lab manager.
Location: wafer loading/unloading in the cleanroom (deposition bay), system operation in NCF service corridor
Training: 3 sessions (2 trainings and a checkout session)
- # of Temp Zones: 3 temperature zones per tube
- Temp Range: 400oC to 1300oC
- Wafer sizes: 2", 3", and 4"
- Gases: N2, O2, SiH4, SiH2Cl2, N2O, NH3, NF3, H2, Ar
- Available Recipes: low stress nitride, low temperature oxide, doped/undoped Polysilicon
- Boats: 2, 3, and 4-inch quartz boats available
One time reservation cost: $20 / reservation
Per hour usage cost: Internal user and External (Academic) user: $30/hr ; External (Industrial or Foreign) : $50/hr
Internal User: $48/hr ; External Academic User: $48/hr ; External (Industrial or Foreign): $72/hr
The user manual can be found here.