The following fees apply to anyone who wants to use the NCF facilities. These fees will be reviewed at least once a year and adjusted by the NCF Director, the Research Resources Center Director, and the Dean of the College of Engineering as needed to make sure the operating expenses of the NCF are covered by these fees.
The I-Card office at UIC charges a $10 fee for new cards it issues. NCF will sometimes absorb this fee when new users are issued their I-Cards, but will apply this $10 charge to the user’s account during the next billing cycle.
For UIC and Non-Profit Users, the following fees will be charged:
|Type of User||Facility Usage Fee|
|IL Non-Profit User||$34/hr|
|Other Non-Profit User||$50/hr|
Note: For all UIC Users, the Facility Usage Fee is capped at $1200 per user per month. For many users from one UIC faculty group (research faculty, postdocs and students), arrangements can be made to further reduce total monthly fees. See Dr. Seyoung An for details.
Note: Until further notice: Administrative fees have been suspended.
For Large Industrial and Small Business Users, the following fees will be charged:
|Type of User||Contract Fee||Facility Usage Fee|
|Industrial User for 1 year contract||$16500||$50/hr|
|Industrial User for 6 months contract||$9900||$50/hr|
|Industrial User for 1 month contract||$4400||$50/hr|
|Industrial User for 1 week contract||$1650||$50/hr|
|Industrial User for 1 day contract||$650||$50/hr|
|Small Business User for 1 year contract||$13200||$50/hr|
|Small Business User for 6 months contract||$7700||$50/hr|
|Small Business User for 1 month contract||$3300||$50/hr|
|Small Business User for 1 week contract||$1320||$50/hr|
|Small Business User for 1 day contract||$500||$50/hr|
Note: Small businesses have less than 25 employees.
Instrument Use Fee:
Instrument are charged a reservation fee when they are reserved under the UICore system.. the fee is assessed if the user fails to use the system. In general, there is a minimum system use fee of either $10 or $20 and in some cases a rate fee based on total time used. Users should request pricing info before using the required instrument.
New sign-out procedure for LEAVING the NCF, beginning 10/1/2016:
In order to motivate our users to clean out lockers, drawers, properly dispose of chemicals, and return keys, when their NTC access ends, we are going to start charging each user $200, if users fail to properly sign out.
- Empty all occupied lockers and drawers
- Any chemicals that were brought into NCF must be either disposed of or taken away
- Return any locker/room keys to Dr. Seyoung An
- Card access to the cleanroom and ERF building must be terminated (NCF’s responsibility)
- THE BALANCES ON ALL OUTSTANDING CHARGES ARE DUE AT CHECKOUT
In addition, all users will be required to go through a final walk-though of the clean room with the laboratory manager to ensure that the user has completely and properly removed any old equipment and chemicals belonging to the user.
STS Deep RIE Users: System is down and all system use is suspended until further notice.
Pricing for use of the STS DRIE has been changed as follows:
- Setup fee has increased from $100 to $200. This covers the cost of LN2 required for the machine and staff time needed to start the system up and to shut it down at the end of day.
- Tooling change fee = $200. If the User asks to change the existing tooling size in the system this fee will be charged. 48 hours’ notice is required for tooling changeover requests.
- Plasma ON time = $5/minute for industrial users and $3/ minute for non-profit users. Only the actual plasma etching time will be charged. Users are asked to track their total process etch time.
- System sign-in / sign-out is now required.
- An Oxygen clean at the end of processing is also required, but the user will not be charged for O2 clean plasma time. The clean cycle time is to be determined by the NTC staff.
Charges for depositions and oxidation are included in hourly clean room access fee.
Chemicals and targets:
The NCF provides for its users standard photoresists, chemicals, gases and deposition targets.
User requests for purchase of atypical chemicals, PVD targets, and gases must be first approved by the NCF laboratory manager, Dr. Seyong An, and will be handled on a case by case basis. Users must discuss with Dr. Seyong An any new chemicals that they want to bring into the NCF and provide him with MSDS sheets.
The sponsor of the user is responsible for the cost of repairing any equipment that was broken by a user who was not officially certified as a “user” of that piece of equipment, or if the equipment was used in an inappropriate manner.
Special materials or order items ordered through NCF, will be charged the cost of material/product plus the service charge of $25.