The Gen6™ C-Mode Scanning Acoustic Microscope is the new generation in Acoustic Microscopy Imaging (AMI) innovation. While taking the best from the Gen5™ (e.g.: its cutting-edge technology, advanced features, aesthetics, and ergonomics), the Gen6 improves upon the rest and takes acoustic imaging to the next level. The Gen6 delivers the broadest range of capabilities available. Whether your needs are for nondestructive failure analysis, process development, R&D, High-Rel qualification for a military application, or low/medium volume screening, the Gen6 is the one C-SAM system that can meet all of your demands. Gen6 is perfect for a variety of applications, such as; Microelectronics, MEMS, SSL LEDs, Power Modules, Solar, HighTech materials, etc. Advanced Sonoscan® capabilities such as PolyGate™, SonoSimulator™, Virtual Rescanning Mode (VRM)™, and optional Frequency Domain Imaging (FDI)™ add value and confidence. With its large, easyaccess, illuminated scanning area, the Gen6 has the capability to efficiently scan everything from a single part, to a 300mm wafer, with its tower referenced scan and fixtures.
Location: ERF 3024, packaging bay
Training: 3 sessions (2 trainings and a checkout session)
- PolyGate™ technology with Multi-Gate™ and Probing-Gate™ functions capable of single and multi-focus imaging.
- Up to 100 gates per channel with 2 Gsps sampling rate.
- Windows® 7 Ultimate for multi-language and 64-bit capabilities.
- Inertially Balanced Linear Motor Scanner minimizes vibrations and ensures optimal scanning results.
- Tower-mounted scan reference platform and sample fixture.
- Open-access scanning area makes loading and unloading easy and is capable of scanning JEDEC trays or a 300mm wafer.
- Water recirculation and optional inline temperature control.
- SonoSimulator for simplified analysis of stacked die parts.
- Digital Image Analysis (DIA)™ uses advanced algorithms to quantify the acoustic data and allows you to set accurate, automatic, accept/reject criteria.
- Virtual Rescanning Mode (VRM)™ stores comprehensive data and enables you to perform a complete analysis of a sample, even when it is no longer available.
One time reservation cost: $20 / reservation
Per hour usage cost: Internal User: $15/hr ; External Academic User: $15/hr ; External (Industrial or Foreign): $20/hr
The user manual can be found here.